Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Laughter is/and Good Medicine


I want to introduce you all to Martha. She is the third of the six Marlin kids. She is fun, very funny and always thinking of others. I need to go find another photo of her but this one is from a recent family wedding several months ago.

Martha and I connected today about malaria meds, imodium, polio boosters and sunscreen. Her suitcase is packed also with many other treats including, of course, M&Ms. What respectable Marlin would go on an adventure without these? Martha said she is taking her old hardsided blue American tourister luggage. You know the kind, and may even have one in your basement too. She reviewed the packing list and then added with just a bit of worry...."Do you think I'll look like a tourist?"

4 comments:

  1. I hope you find another picture of Martha. I don't remember her horns being so long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do believe that the horns are retractable, as with kitty claws. We were all probably late for a snack :-)
    As we see Martha's horns so seldom, I believe that the picture should stay as a reminder that we all share the same DNA. Scary thought ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It appears to me that Martha is able to control wild and dangerous animals. Just look at her on the monsterous beast! And in no where other than the "Yee Haa" stockyard capital of the world, Ft. Worth, Texas.
    I know if she can display such ablility to mount and control this animal, she will be the protector of Dea on the wild safaris in Africa.

    Rob saw the picture and said Martha is now skilled enough to tame and ride the water buffalos on the African adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My, Yum and Rob, I did not think about that. Surely she will be able then to sneak up on a cheetah upon the water buffalo (one of the most dangerous of beasts) AND capture the cheetah.
    She promised me one. I will USP express a mesh bag to her tonight.

    ReplyDelete